TETRAVITFERON-B is used for the treatment and prevention of hypovitaminosis, immunodeficiency conditions, the reasons of viral diseases in calves and adult cattle.
The drug is used:
• for prevention and alleviation of combined stress;
• for the treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal and respiratory tracts;
• in the case of bone formation disorder (rickets, osteomalacia);
• during the third trimester of pregnancy to enrich colostrum with vitamins;
• reduces the risk of postpartum complications;
• as maintenance therapy for the treatment of infectious and invasive diseases;
• after mass vaccination and dehelmintization;
• for the treatment and prevention of viral diseases in cattle (parainfluenza-3, viral diarrhea in cattle, etc., DNA or RNA-containing viruses), when risk of additional viral infection is high;
• the drug is used as an immune response modifier in immunodeficiency conditions of animals caused by poor cattle management and imbalanced feeding.
Composition of the veterinary drug:
1.0 ml of the drug contains:
• 28,000 IU of vitamin A,
• 4,000 IU of vitamin D3,
• 50 mg of vitamin E,
• 40 mg of vitamin C,
• at least 10,000 IU of antiviral activity of recombinant bovine interferon (IBR) protein.
The pharmacological properties of the drug are due to the complex of vitamins and recombinant bovine interferon (IBR), the protein which is the active substance of the drug.
TETRAVITFERON-B prevents and offsets the deficiency of fat-soluble vitamins A, D3, E and ascorbic acid, thus contributing to metabolism improvement, stimulating the growth and animal development.
Recombinant bovine interferon functions as an anti-stress factor, an immune response modifier; contributes to the rapid induction of cellular and humoral immunity. IBR has anti-inflammatory effect and increases the resistance of the animal organism to DNA and RNA-containing viruses and pathogenic microorganisms.
The drug is administered subcutaneously or intramuscularly in the following doses (Table 1):
A single dose, ml/10 kg of animal body weight
For the prevention of avitaminosis, hypovitaminosis and infectious diseases, the drug is administered intramuscularly once in 2-3 weeks.
When the risk of additional viral infections is high, the drug is administered twice with an interval of 48 hours. The drug is given to the pregant cows in the second half of pregnancy 3-4 weeks prior to parturition.
In addition to the TETRAVITFERON-B administration, the balanced diet for protein, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and trace elements should be kept.
For the therapeutic purposes, in the case of avitaminosis (vitamin deficiency), the drug is administered intramuscularly once every 7-10 days.
In the case of viral diseases, the drug is administered once for 3-5 consecutive days. As an antiviral drug, TETRAVITFERON-B is most effective in the early stages of the disease.
Precautions and adverse reactions:
When the drug is used in recommended doses and in accordance with all the instructions, side effects and complications are generally not observed. There are no contraindications for the use of the drug. The drug does not pose a potential hazard to humans.
Animal products may be used for human consumption without any restrictions after the last drug administration.
The drug should be stored in a dry, dark place at a temperature between + 4 °C to + 10 °C.
Shelf-life of the veterinary drug is 18 months from the date of manufacture.